My name is Marché Smith. I am the School Chaplain at Alkimos Primary School.
My role as Chaplain is working in the school as a caring adult and as part of the professional student services team addressing the social, emotional, physical, mental and spiritual needs in the school community by:
- building relationships with students, families and school staff.
- providing one-on-one emotional support of students using the zones of regulation curriculum.
- running programs which seek to address the needs of groups of students, such as grief and loss or self-esteem.
- being a positive role model and to support, encourage and empower the school community.
- providing a link between schools, professional services and local communities.
- providing a confidential and safe place for students in need of pastoral care with issues such as grief and loss, family breakups, health or friendship issues.
I am at the school on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Please feel free to phone on telephone number 9562 9800 if you require any further information.